That being said, I love to find new, flavorful takes on classic dishes and drag my friends into making them with me.
The Minimalist Baker always has fresh ways of making classic dishes. So, this weekend you will probably find my friends and I making this quick and easy vegan and gluten free pizza.
Vegan Portobello Pizza
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed
- Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies (onion, mushroom, tomato, green pepper, etc.)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cleaned mushrooms on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle both sides with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, basil and oregano, then bake for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep veggies and prepare pizza sauce if you haven’t done so already.
- Once par-baked, pull mushrooms out of the oven and top with desired amount of pizza sauce, veggies and a sprinkle of vegan Parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are mostly cooked.
- Serve with fresh basil, red pepper flake and extra vegan Parmesan.
Let me know you guys try this recipe out this weekend, and what are some of your favorite new takes on classic meals.